Tuesday 16 December 2014

HOW TO CAPTURE SCREENSHOTS ON COMPUTER PC

Back in those days (precisely in September 2013) when I started blogging, I remember how I needed to take screenshots on my laptop to use in my first post.
I used myphone's camera to take shots which didn't look nice. Then I started researching how to make it better
because a poor image can piss off readers/visitors and not return to my blog again. Well, I got the answer since a long time ago but I just thought of writing on it today.

I will show you how it can be done in two ways. Note that these are not the only ways to do it but I will be sharing only two viz:
1.) use of software
2.) Use of in-built snipping tool

Method 1 can be used by all users on any version of Windows (xp, Vista, Win 7, Win 8 etc); while method can only be used by users of Windows 7 and higher. However, as at the time of writing this post, I couldn't get access to Windows Vista OS to confirm it this method 2 will work on Windows Vista as well.

1.) Use of Software: The software I want to introduce is 'pcscreencapture'




How to use
Click 'Desktop' to take the full shot of your desktop screen irregardless of the window background you are on.
To capture a particular area, click 'Area'. Then place your mouse's cursor at the point you want to start your screenshot. Hold down the right button of your mouse. Then drag your mouse to cover the area you want to capture.
Click 'Active Window' to take screenshot of your present active window environment.
Click 'Select Object' to take the screenshot of another window diferent from the present active window.

After the whole exercise, Click 'Save As' and select the location you want to save your shot.

Download the software here

2.) Use of In-built 'Snipping Tool': As I said earlier, this is only for those running on Windows 7 or higher versions. However, I couldn't confirm if it could work for those on Windows Vista.

Click Windows button (or press Windows button on your keyboard), click 'All programs', Click 'Accessories', then click 'snipping tool'
                                                or
Press your windows button and type 'snipping tool' in the search bar to search for it. Then click it


How to use
Click the arrow to show the available options.
'Free form snip' captures the area of your screen as you move your mouse.
'Rectangular snip' is used to capture the screenshot of a particular area. It works like 'Area' option of pcscreencapture software explained above.
'Window snip' captures your current active window environment. It works just like the 'Active Window' of pcscreencapture.
'Full-screen snip' will capture your full screen. This includes your active window plus your task bar.
There you have it.

No comments: